2024 Cycle 1 Key Dates
- February 28, 2024: Letters of intent due to firstname.lastname@example.org (required); iPHD application submission portal opens
- March 27, 2024: Full applications due; iPHD application submission portal closes
- October 2024: Earliest anticipated award announcements
Apply for Data Access
Researchers from academic or other private or public organizations, whether located in New Jersey or not, are eligible and welcome to apply. New Jersey state or local governmental agencies and other private or public organizations are also encouraged to apply.
We plan to announce two additional requests for applications (RFAs) on May 15 and September 18, with due dates three weeks (for letters of intent) and seven weeks (for full proposals) subsequent to each announcement. Please check the event calendar for key dates and join our mailing list to receive updates.
Download and review the RFA, application form & templates, and fee schedule
Email your letter of intent to email@example.com
Prepare your application using the downloaded form and templates
Upload the completed application documents per instructions on website
Submit applications; the iPHD website will acknowledge submission
Opportunity and Eligibility for Fee Waivers
To be eligible for fee waivers, researchers must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for fee waivers must include at least one (1) principal investigator (PI) from a New Jersey research institution. Collaboration with a non-New Jersey institution will be considered ONLY if the project leadership and a substantial portion of the project activities rest within the New Jersey institution.
- The research institution complies with the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Human Subjects Protection guidelines for human subjects research (i.e., has a Federalwide Assurance Number).
- Students with faculty supervision are eligible to apply.
- Scholars from racial/ethnic minority groups are encouraged to apply.
- Research aims that align with the approved purpose and research priorities of the iPHD.
Applicants from research institutions outside of New Jersey are eligible to apply for iPHD data access, though not fee waivers, provided the research aims align with the approved purpose and research priorities of the iPHD.
- Please refer to the applicable data access fees. Note that within 2 weeks of submission, after the Center for State Health Policy has the opportunity to review the Data Request Form in the application, the Center will calculate and confirm the cost of the applicant’s data fees.
Application Approval Process
Once all application materials are uploaded and submitted to the iPHD website, the documents will be reviewed by Rutgers Center for State Health Policy, the iPHD Research Advisory Committee, and the iPHD Governing Board. If the application is approved by the Governing Board, a Data Sharing Agreement will be executed and the iPHD will assemble the data for transfer to the approved data user.
Researcher submits application and CSHP staff members review for completeness
The iPHD Research Advisory Committee (RAC) reviews application
The iPHD Governing Board reviews and votes on RAC recommendation
Execute data sharing agreements for approved project
CSHP prepares data and transfers to researcher